Image Map

A Super Easy and Cute Mother's Day Project

Saturday, April 30, 2016

We just finished our Mother's Day projects in one day, they were super simple and came out absolutely adorable! I am sure all of the moms are going to love them! We have always done plants or other things for Mother's Day, this year we wanted to do something different. We decided on a watercolor portrait of each kid with their mom. It was probably the easiest Mother's Day project that we have ever done.
These watercolor portraits of each child and their mom is a super easy Mother's Day project that the moms will love!

They did a really awesome job on these. 
These watercolor portraits of each child and their mom is a super easy Mother's Day project that the moms will love!

These watercolor portraits of each child and their mom is a super easy Mother's Day project that the moms will love!

These watercolor portraits of each child and their mom is a super easy Mother's Day project that the moms will love!
This is him and his mom playing Uno, so cute!!

Here is how we made them:
  • Each kid had a piece of white construction paper (with the inside of the frame traced in pencil so they knew where they could draw).
  • They drew a picture of them with their moms in black permanent marker (so the marker will not bleed when it gets painted).
  • Then, they used watercolor paints to paint their picture.
  • When they were finished, I had them write their name on a label and then I put them in these foam frames from Lakeshore (we already had these frames in the closet so we used these, I'm sure you can get them much cheaper from Michaels or another craft store). The ones that we used were pretty small too, so I'm not sure that I would recommend them. They would also look really nice in those cheap wooden frames from Michaels and then the kids can paint and decorate the frames too.
  • I put the labels on each frame for them, but the labels did not stick at all so I had to glue them on. 
  • Then, I just wrapped them up with some tissue paper, and they are all ready to be sent home next week!
It was super simple and I think that the moms will really like them!

I also have a freebie for a Mother's Day card and mini book in my TpT store if you are looking for something else for Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment