Image Map

Vegas 2015!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

I just got home from an amazing week in Vegas!
I spent the week attending SDE's national I Teach K conference, then the Teachers Pay Teachers seller conference. It was such an awesome week!
Going to the teacher conferences in Las Vegas


My mom and I went together and we both had such a great time, we can't wait for next year.

The first three days were spent at I Teach K, we heard a ton of amazing presenters. I am SO glad that I got the chance to go. The presenters and their ideas really made my mom and I so excited about the upcoming school year. Seriously, all that we could talk about while in Vegas was ideas for next year and everything that we were learning in our sessions. My mom filled up almost an entire notebook, of things to try in the classroom.
Megan Shea and Fran Shea at SDE National Conferences

Isn't this dress cute? I got it for Vegas and was so excited to wear it, that I wore it on the first day. After having it on for about an hour, I noticed it was turning my whole body and my bag navy blue! I like navy blue a lot, but would prefer if it stayed on my clothes and not on my body. I kept it on for the whole day because I really liked the way it looked, definitely not the smartest idea. When I got back to the hotel room at night I was REALLY blue, and it would not come off. I had to use makeup remover wipes on my entire body and still couldn't get very much off. If you saw me this week and noticed I was looking extra blue, it was the dress' fault, not mine!

I absolutely love reading other teachers' blogs, I check my favorites almost every day. I was lucky enough to meet so many of my favorite teacher bloggers, and even got to attend some of their sessions and learn from them. I still can't decide which was my favorite, they were all so awesome.

I spent almost the entire first day learning from Deedee Wills, she is fantastic. I can't wait to use some of her ideas in September!
Megan Shea and Deedee Wills from Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

I also spent a lot of time learning from Kim Adsit of KinderGals. She is awesome as well! My mom loved her ideas the most!
Megan Shea meeting Kim Adsit from Kindergals

I spent an entire day getting ideas from Elizabeth Hall of Kickin' it in Kindergarten, she had so many great ideas! I can't wait to use what I learned from her!
A quote from Elizabeth Hall's presentation at I Teach K.
I didn't get a picture with her unfortunately, but here is one of the quotes in her presentation that I loved. 
There is always a huge Teacher Blogger Meet Up on Wednesday night, I was so excited to get a chance to attend this year, this was my first time and it was awesome!
The organizers of the 2015 teacher blogger meet up.
Not the greatest picture, but here are the awesome organizers of the meet up.

There were over 1,000 teachers at the meet up! It was packed, but full of awesome and talented teachers!
Some of the crowds at the meet up.
You can sort of see how crowded it was in this picture, this was only one side of the room!
We got our picture with Freckles from GoNoodle, we LOVE GoNoodle!
Megan Shea and Fran Shea with Freckles from GoNoodle.

I got my picture with Amy Lemons, she was one of the absolute first blogs that I started reading and she is one of my all time favorite bloggers. She was so sweet, I am so glad that I got to meet her!
Meeting Amy Lemons from Step Into Second Grade.
Ignore my hair in these pictures! Looking back at the way my hair looked makes me cringe!
I also got to meet and take a picture with THE Deanna Jump. She was so nice, I was so excited to be able to get a picture with her. 
Meeting Deanna Jump from Mrs. Jump's Class.

They gave away $55,000 in prizes at the meet-up! There were all kinds of awesome prizes.
We were shocked when my mom won an Ellison die cut machine! We can't wait for it to come!
Fran Shea winning an Ellison Die Cut Machine.
My mom stopped by the Ellison booth the next day to see what she won and they took her picture for Instagram!
Right after she won, my number was called, I won $100 to spend at SitSpots. I went to their booth later in the week and did a major shopping!
Megan Shea winning SitSpots!

Super cool spots that attach to classroom rugs for classroom management and activities.
Here is everything that I picked out, I already have SO MUCH in mind to do with these!
If you have not seen SitSpots, you have to check them out. They attach to your rug so you can have assigned spots for your kids, or you can attach them to the rug and use them for games and activities. 

The next two days were spent at the Teachers Pay Teachers Conference. It was inspiring and so much fun! I can't wait to go back next year!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You sure had a great time! The pictures say it all :)

    ReplyDelete